Shampoo bars are becoming a more popular item every day. They are exactly as they sound, shampoo in a solid bar. There are many benefits to solid shampoo:
1) Easy to travel with. You don't have to worry about the amount when going through airport security. You also don't have to worry about spills!
2) Most are made with simple ingredients unlike many liquid shampoos. Handmade shampoo bars typically contain hard and soft oils, beeswax, and a small amount of other ingredients that are beneficial for your hair.
3) Eco-friendly! Most bars don't have plastic packaging which reduces the amount of plastic being thrown away.
4) They last a long time. I mean a long time. A typical bar lasts our customers 6-12 weeks.
5) They are biodegradable and don’t harm the waste water or groundwater.
6) They are great for cleaning your pets. Everything in our Shampoo Bars are safe for pets. We use them on our dogs, cats, goats, and sheep.
Shampoo bars can take some getting used to though! Many people don't realize that you have to use a vinegar rinse after using the shampoo bar. This is because your scalp and hair only absorbs the oils it needs. The rest of the oils can then build up on your hair making it look and feel greasy. The vinegar rinse helps to remove the excess oils and adds shine to your hair. Depending on your hair type, you may not need to use a vinegar rinse every time. It is recommended that you use a vinegar rinse every 2-3 washes. Apple cider vinegar is best but any vinegar can be used including white vinegar.
How To Use
Wet your hair. Rub the bar over your hair starting from the roots to the tips OR create a lather in your hands. Rinse. Repeat if desired. Finally, do a vinegar rinse (half water and half vinegar in a container). Use conditioner if desired. Store in a soap dish and out of water. If the bar remains wet, it will not last as long.